1) Manchester United and Chelsea meet in the FA Cup final once again. The first final at the new Wembley involved both teams and Didier Drogba winning a tedious fixture. Here’s how Chelsea got to the final this year, a look at some of their best FA Cup free-kicks, and Gianfranco Zola having a go at recreating that goal. Meanwhile, here’s how Manchester United’s semi-final win over Spurs unfolded, and all their FA Cup goals this season.
2) Never work with children or animals, especially if it’s a snake slithering in the outfield. It took six people to precariously shove it into a bucket and alleviate the fear at a San Antonio Missions game (keep watching until the end – where does that bucket end up?). Alternatively, a South Carolina golf course was visited by an enormous crocodile but no one, apart from some deer, were around to be scared.
3) Stijn Spiering: own goal screamer.
4) Saturday means it’s Zoncolan time at the Giro. Look back on the beast with Ivan Basso’s 2010 epic, an idiot ruining Francesco Manuel Bongiorno’s chances in 2014, and how Chris Froome prepared for it this year. Meanwhile, here’s what it looks like from a fans’ perspective.
5) As the NBA season comes to a climax with the conference finals, with LeBron James’ Cleveland Cavaliers trailing Boston 2-0 in the east, here’s The King’s best dunks from 2017-18 and a quick recap of the league’s best alley-oop dunks from the regular season.
6) Finally to the Saudi Cup final, where the main attraction isn’t on the field but men posing as pilots riding a miniature airplane, which flies up and down the sideline tracking the movement of the football. Yep, you read that right.
1) John Noakes of Blue Peter fame helps David Purley build his Formula 500 car, then race it at Oulton Park in 1975.
3) Bryce Cartwright and the art of the abysmal non-tackle.
Spotters’ badges: Vesuvial, BlackCaesar, GrahamClayton, Whobroughtoranges